On July 24, the Government of the Russian Federation ordered the approval of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Legacy Concept, which defines the main directions for the use of football stadiums, training grounds, temporary buildings and structures after the end of the World Cup.
On September 4, 2018, a business publication about sports and business “SBC. Sport Business Consulting” held a business breakfast “The Legacy of the World Cup”.
All of the new 2018 World Cup stadiums are hosting matches of the Russian Premier League and the Football National League - and so far have shown excellent attendance. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. How to keep the interest of the fans when the effect of novelty disappears?
Mohamed Nasser, Commercial Director of Metropolis, attended this business event, where sports industry professionals discussed the main issue of the industry - the high-quality and efficient use of the legacy of the 2018 World Cup.
The experts discussed who, how and with what money will manage the 2018 World Cup venues so that they benefit Russian sports and business and do not become a burden.
The following professionals participated in the discussion:
- Sergey Panov, Minister of Sports of the Nizhny Novgorod Region
- Vadim Andreev, Head of the Operation department of FSUE "Sport-In"
- Igor Smirnov, Сommercial Вirector of FC Lokomotiv
- Alexander Fetisov, Vice Governor of the Samara Region
- Vladimir Utkin, President of the Sports Support and Development Fund
- Elena Gureeva, Head of the Sports Industry Management Department, Leading Researcher at the Department of Hospitality Industry, Tourism and Sports of the Russian University of Economics named after G.V. Plekhanov
- Denis Smirnov, Director of the Rostov-Arena stadium
- Eduard Zernin, First Deputy General Director of the Luzhniki Olympic Complex
- Dmitry Mankin, Commercial Director of FC Zenit
The discussion of the legacy of the World Cup took place in the cozy co-working "Table".
You can watch a video broadcast of the business breakfast here.