On April 11, 2023, the Special League "Architecture, Design and Construction" officially started, in which the Metropolis company acts as a partner and an author of the case. Acquaintance with the participants and mentors was held online hosted by the organizers – the international engineering case championship CASE-IN.
The Special League "Architecture, Design and Construction" attracted more applicants wanting to prove themselves than originally expected. In total, 52 teams were accepted - a total of 402 people! Participants of the Special League are students of 7 universities:
- Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (MGSU);
- Kazan State University of Architecture and Engineering (KGASU);
- Saint Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (SPbGASU);
- Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (NNGASU);
- St. Petersburg Mining University;
- St. Petersburg Polytechnic University of Peter the Great;
- Moscow Polytechnic University.
Metropolis allotted a team of mentors - more than 30 employees of the company, including architects, design engineers, structural engineers. In total, they will conduct 314 consultations for student teams.
Students will develop a holistic concept of a 4* hotel in Kaliningrad.
The qualifying stage will run until May 15, when all the teams will present their solutions, after which the jury will select the 10 finalist teams with the most points. The final will be held offline on June 1 in Moscow and will contain the defense of the projects. The winners and the participants who have impressed the most will have the opportunity of internships and further employment in the offices of Metropolis in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan or Nizhny Novgorod. The finalists of the championship will also compete for the main prize - 300,000 rubles.
We thank all participants for the huge interest in the Special League!
We wish colleagues and competing teams inspiration, bold decisions and the pleasure of working together!