On March 28, VTB Arena hosted the first business event in its history - the Arena Forum 4.0 international conference on the construction and management of sports facilities.
Organized by the magazine "SBC. Sport Business Consulting” with the support of the VTB Arena Park project, the event was held on a grand scale, corresponding to the level of the most modern and technologically advanced stadium in the country. During the day, more than 70 experts on construction, equipment and management of sports facilities spoke in two halls. The rich business program of Arena Forum 4.0 attracted about 500 guests from Russia, the USA, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Finland, Belarus and Kazakhstan. Also, everyone could watch the live broadcast of the conference.
The guests of the forum learned new information about many sports facilities in Russia - both already implemented and just being designed or under construction.
Alexander Vorozhbitov, General Director of the Metropolis company, took part in the panel discussion "Design of sports facilities - from the idea to implementation".
Participants of the discussion:
- Alexey Orlov, Deputy General Director of PI "Arena"
- Alexander Vorozhbitov, General Director of Metropolis
- Carlos de Barrera, HOK architect
- Sabina Mamedova, Head of the Department of Architectural Planning, JSC "TsNIIPromzdaniy"
- Moderator: Valeria Mozganova, Business FM columnist, Head of the expert council of the Russian and Foreign Real Estate Digest magazine
The details of the reports and presentations of the speakers are published on the official website of the organizers. It can be said for sure that all the guests of the conference brought out a lot of useful information for themselves, as well as a lot of new business contacts. And, of course, a good mood, because Arena Forum 4.0 ended with the presentation of the Sport Business Awards.
The main awards of the sports business have found their owners
The winners of the Sport Business Awards have been named - the best facilities, specialists and projects of Russia in the field of construction and management of sports facilities.
Sport Business Awards - a professional award in the field of sports business and management.
The winners were determined by an independent expert jury. First, the finalists of the Sport Business Awards were selected by general vote. All of them had the opportunity to present their projects in person, after which the experts made the final choice. The voting results were kept secret until the awards ceremony.
The solemn ceremony was held right on the ice rink of the VTB Arena and became a continuation of the Arena Forum 4.0 international conference on the construction and management of sports facilities. The event began with a demonstration performance by the former figure skater, participant in the World and European Championships Emma Gadzhiyeva. She, together with the partner of the Sport in You company, Timofey Artyukhin, became the hosts of the evening.
All award winners received unique handmade SBA globes. The awards were presented by Sergey Glubokin, Deputy Head of the Department of the Architectural Council of the Committee for Architecture and Urban Planning of the City of Moscow.
Winners of the Sport Business Awards 2019
- Architectural Bureau of the Year - PI "Arena"
- Project Bureau of the Year – Metropolis
- Developer of the Year - TEN
- Construction Organization of the Year – Codest
- Stadium of the Year - Otkritie Arena
- Ice Arena of the Year – CSKA Arena
- Venue of the year – PlayGround
- Event of the Year – VTB United League All-Star Game
- Manager of the Year - Ilya Gerkus
- Innovation of the Year - SIS RUS ("Pie" of the ПSA Luzhniki football field)
- Sponsorship activity of the year - #beardofhope (HC Avangard and Braun)
“I am very proud of our wonderful company,” said Mohamed Nasser, Commercial Director of Metropolis, as he received the SBA Globe Award.
The evening ended with a mass perky ice skating.